The Richo Cup – UPDATE
3:19 PM | June 4, 2015
- 30 men and women’s teams across St George Association competing to win the Cup
- Special commemorative strip for players
- Best and fairest medals as voted by the referees
- Plenty of food choices (including halal offerings and decent coffee)
- Jumping castle for the young (and not so young!)
- Small-sided fields set for friendly games
- Response for Life staff to talk about and demonstrate defibrillators and CPR, as well as providing generic blood pressure tests
- Sports trainers from Sports Medicine Australia (Robert and Lina) covering first aid
- Two leading Cardiologists:
- 10-12noon – Dr Shiva Roy
- 12noon-2pm (roughly) Prof Chris Semsarian
- Shiva and Chris are very approachable – being sportsmen themselves they both get the whole picture about the combination of health, heart and sport. In addition, Shiva is a Docceroo, in the Australian Medical Football Team, and Chris is a leader in the push for greater defibrillator placement and importance of CPR.
We look forward to having a large crowd at the Cup, and a great day promoting health awareness in Matt’s memory.